Cheers! The Best of Seattle International Beerfest 2011
It’s supposed to be warm this weekend in Seattle, so come ready to celebrate with a cold one outside at the Seattle Center Mural Amphitheater, about 100 yards west of the Space Needle. July 1-3, it’s the annual Seattle International Beerfest. There are over 150 different beers, representing all that’s possible in the world of brewing. Many are quite obscure yet hold their own place in world history as the birth of a new brewing style.
You can come for a day, or come each day of the festival. Here are the particulars:
Seattle Center Mural Amphitheater
305 Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98109
There’s plenty of street parking around Seattle Center, with city metered spots. You can also use Seattle Center parking garages, or the limited FREE parking north of Mercer street, if you don’t mind walking several blocks to the beerfest.
Friday, July 1 12pm-10pm
Saturday, July 2 12pm-10pm
Sunday, July 3 12pm-9pm
Cost: $20/person in advance. Go online to purchase tickets at http://www.seattlebeerfest.com.
Or $25/person at the gate.
Tickets will allow you:
– Good for 10 beer tickets and official Seattle International Beerfest glass.
– Beers cost 1 to 6 tickets, depending on how much it costs.
– Prices are NOT based on rarity.
– Free re-entry all weekend (must have your glass & wristband with you to enter)
– Additional tickets are just $1 each. Each serving is 4oz.
– FULL PINTS for 3 tickets or $3 at the GRANDE BEER GARDEN.
– There are a lot of 1-ticket beers, so don’t worry if you are budget-conscious.
– Tickets are non-refundable.
Not planning to drink beer? It’s just $5/person for non-drinkers.
You must be over 21 to purchase tickets. You must have a government issued PHOTO ID with you to purchase.
No children are allowed at the event. Pets are welcome.
There will be plenty of food for purchase all weekend. Some of the food options are from Skillet, Mt Townsend Creamery’s cheeses, Rancho Bravo Tacos, Dante’s Inferno Dogs and Bakke Brothers Jerky.
Local artists will be keeping the music flowing all weekend long. There will be live music between 1:30pm and 9:30pm daily.
Go to http://www.seattlebeerfest.com for more details.