Seattle to Portland Bike Ride This Weekend Affects Traffic
Get Breaking News First
There will be nearly 10,000 cyclists participating in this weekend’s STP ride. The DOT says there will be lots of cyclists to watch out for. Here are the details.
Cyclists will begin their ride at the University of Washington on Montlake Blvd., just north of Husky Stadium.
The Department of Transportation says the biggest traffic impacts are typically:
• Early morning Saturday, July 9, on SR 7 in Pierce County.
• Midmorning to afternoon on SR 507 in Thurston and Lewis counties.
• Early Sunday, July 10, on SR 411 from Castle Rock to Kelso.
• All day Sunday near the SR 432 Lewis and Clark Bridge.
The following state highways (as well as additional local roads) are part of the STP route:
• SR 181, West Valley Highway in Kent
• Puyallup-area county and city roads
• SR 7, near Spanaway
• SR 507, from the “Roy Wye” to Centralia
• Centralia and Chehalis city streets
• County roads (Napavine to Winlock to Vader)
• SR 506, Vader area
• Westside Highway, Vader to Castle Rock area
• SR 411, Castle Rock to Longview
• SR 432, Longview industrial area
• SR 433, Crossing Lewis and Clark Bridge
Get more information on the Cascade Bicycling Club at http://www.cbcef.org