Blue Angels’ Flights Will Close I-90 This Week
As the Blue Angels fly into town for this week’s big Seafair airshow, I-90 will close for little while during the week. According to Washington State DOT:
Interstate 90 will be closed to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists, eastbound and westbound, mainline and express lanes, between Interstate 5 in Seattle to Island Crest Way on Mercer Island:
- Thursday, Aug. 4: 9:45am – 12:00pm and again between 1:15pm – 2:30pm (Practice)
- Friday, Aug. 5: 12:45pm – 2:40pm (Practice)
- Saturday, Aug. 6: 12:45pm – 2:40pm (Full show)
- Sunday, Aug. 7: 12:45pm – 2:40pm (Full show)
* The bridge will be closed to pedestrians and cyclists up to 30 minutes prior to posted closure times.
I-90 east of Mercer Island will NOT be closed during the performance, although drivers should note that heavy congestion during these closures often restricts access to the exits.
The I-90 express lanes will close at 9:00am on Thursday, August 4 and at 10:45am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 5, 6, and 7. The lanes will reopen to eastbound traffic by 3:30pm each day.
For more information, check out the website at: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov