Grill Grrrl Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Slider With Blue Cheese Dip
This is a quick and easy slider that will satisfy your urge for buffalo chicken, without all the mess of frying. Pair with arugula, dill pickles and blue cheese dip and you have a perfect spicy chicken with cooling blue cheese dip; the perfect combo of hot and creamy.
This recipe will make approximately 8 sliders, enough for 4 people
- Packets of chicken cutlets (ie: tenders) – enough for 8 sliders
- 1 bottle wing sauce or hot sauce (use mild wing sauce if you don’t like heat)- 2 cups or more (enough to coat chicken in bowl and reserve some for basting on grill afterwards)
- 1 package of dinner rolls or “slider” buns
- 1 jar sandwich dill pickles
- 1 container of pre-washed arugula
- Blue cheese dip (see recipe below)
1. Give the tenders a quick drizzle or olive oil, and a dash of salt and pepper. Add enough sauce to coat all the tenders in a medium-large size bowl. Let them marinate at least 15 minutes in the fridge.
2. Prepare the grill for medium direct heat, about 400 degrees, while the chicken is marinating; meanwhile- make The Blue Cheese Dip.
Blue Cheese Dip:
- 12 oz. container sour cream
- 4 oz. container blue cheese (the better the cheese, the better the dip)
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- 1 tbls spoon dry mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt- to taste
Combine all ingredients and store in refrigerator.
3. Grill tenders on direct heat for 3 minutes per side or until thermometer reaches internal temp. of 165 degrees. Baste with additional wing sauce.
4. Serve tenders on buns with blue cheese dip, arugula, pickles and extra wing sauce. Serve with additional arugula on the side and blue cheese dip as the dressing.
Robyn Lindars, aka “The Grill Girl”, writes about BBQ and Grilling on her site Grill Grrrl and hosts Womens Grilling Clinics to encourage women to learn the art of grilling.