Snow Globes Cause House Fire

MILWAUKIE, Ore. (CBS Seattle) – Several decorative snow globes led to a house fire in one local home.

According to KGW, homeowner Ken Gambell left the globes out, forgetting to remove them after the winter holiday season had ended.

Earlier this week, though, the light from the sun hit the globes at such an angle that their light – and the residual heat – sparked a fire.

Clackamas Fire District spokesman Steve McAdoo told KGW that a nearby couch was ignited as a result of the heated beams.

Neighbors called 911 after hearing the smoke alarms go off.

(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live