2newcw11 thefan-am1090seattle-logo-fina2l

News

6-Year-Old Boy Injured In BBQ Explosion

View Comments
File photo of a family barbecue. (Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

File photo of a family barbecue. (Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty Images)

News

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

HILLSBORO, Ore. (CBS Seattle/AP) — The Washington County sheriff’s office says a woman trying to re-light some charcoal briquettes at a family cookout at Aloha squirted on some high-octane fuel used in remote-control toy cars and airplanes.

The barbecue and fuel can exploded Sunday afternoon, injuring her 6-year-old son.

Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue says the boy suffered burns to his hands and face. He’s in the intensive care unit at Legacy Emmanuel Medical Center in Portland.

The boy, whose name was not released, is expected to survive.

The woman’s husband received minor burns to his hands but did not require hospitalization.

(TM and © Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,077 other followers