Rattlesnake Bites Medical Marijuana Grower At Washington Walmart
Get Breaking News First
CLARKSTON, Wash. (CBS Seattle) — A rattlesnake bit a medical marijuana grower while he was in the garden section of Walmart.
Mica Craig was bitten by the rattler Friday at a Clarkston Walmart while he was looking through the store’s mulch, multiple outlets reported.
“I reached down to grab the stick to move it out of the way, and the snake stretched out, turned around and got its fangs in my right hand,” Craig told Reuters. “I slung it off and I did a tap dance on it until it was dead.”
He was initially released by St. Joseph’s Hospital but returned after his hand swelled up.
“They got all the poison out of me but they don’t know how bad the muscle damage will be,” Craig told the Lewiston Tribune. The paper reports that Craig was treated with six bags of anti-venom.
The Walmart store has apologized for the incident.
“At this point, it appears to be an isolated incident,” Walmart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling told Reuters. “We are working with a pest management team, which is conducting a sweep of the property to ensure there is no additional rattlesnake activity.”
Craig has a license to grow the medical marijuana.