Family Claims Daughter Pierced By Bloody Syringe In Washington Hotel Bed

ABERDEEN, Wash. (CBS Seattle) — A family claims their daughter was pierced by a bloody syringe that was left in a hotel bed.

The Smith family says they were staying at the Guest House Inn & Suites in Aberdeen when a syringe with dried blood pierced Emily Smith’s heel when as was climbing into bed.

“There were syringes, plastic bags, bloody bandages all underneath the mattress cover,” Angie Smith, the girl’s mother, told KOMO-TV. “We were really shocked and freaking out. It scared us to death.”

Doctors reportedly told the family that Emily Smith needs regular blood work done for up to a year to see if she contracted any diseases from the syringe.

“Our main concern is HIV disease, and hepatitis B or C,” Angie Smith told KOMO.

The family says they were charged for the room despite the incident as hotel officials launch an investigation.

“We have launched an internal investigation,” hotel manager Angel Housden told KOMO. “The staff is on high alert, and we’ve done a clean sweep of the hotel.”

The hotel will not refund the Smith family money until they reach a conclusion as to how the syringe got into the bed.

Authorities have yet to comment on the incident.

blog comments powered by Disqus
6 Business Card Mistakes New Owners Make
Watch Now: Live Video & Video Highlights

Listen Live