Squid Sperm Inseminates Elderly Woman’s Mouth
Get Breaking News First
SOUTH KOREA (CBS Seattle) - A woman’s mouth was reportedly inseminated by a piece of squid she was eating.
According to the Journal of Parasitology, a type of squid called a todarodes pacificus stung the interior of a 63-year-old woman’s mouth when she consumed a part of the parboiled creature.
Even after spitting it out, she allegedly felt what was described as a “foreign-body sensation in the oral cavity.”
Upon investigating, it was revealed that squid spermatophores had embedded themselves in the woman’s tongue, cheek and gingiva.
The spermatophores were identified after “white spindle-shaped, bug-like organisms” stuck in her mouth were studied.
The mucous membrane from all three parts of the mouth affected had to be removed, along with any additionally infected mucosa, the Journal reported.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)