Woman In Wheelchair Caught On Fire After Having Cigarette

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — Embers from a cigarette ignited a blanket a woman had wrapped around herself as she smoked outside Sunday in Spokane in her wheelchair.

The fire department says the woman was unable to put out the fire or get out of the wheelchair until two people nearby came to her aid.

She was taken to Sacred Heart Medical Center with second- and third-degree burns over 28 percent of her body. She was later airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live