Deadly North Seattle Fire Caused By Electrical Cord

SEATTLE (AP) — The Seattle Fire Department says a fatal fire early Sunday was apparently caused by a pinched electrical cord in a bedroom.

Firefighters found thick smoke coming from the apartment in the Greenwood neighborhood. The dead man was about 10 feet from the door. The resident of another apartment in the building was treated for minor smoke inhalation.

The fire department says the dead man’s apartment was piled with combustible materials and there was no working smoke alarm in the home.

Property damage is estimated at $300,000.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live