Electrical Fire Damages Boat At Fishermen’s Terminal
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — The fire that broke out early Friday morning on a 50-foot commercial fishing boat moored at Fishermen’s Terminal in Seattle was caused by a faulty electrical outlet in the galley.
The fire department estimates damage at $200,000.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says firefighters used foam to control the fire within four minutes. He says a quick response prevented flames from spreading to other ships moored at the Port of Seattle facility.
No one was injured.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.