EVERSON, Wash. (CBS Seattle) — A man was sentenced to six years behind bars for raping a preteen girl and forcing her to get an abortion.
The Bellingham Herald reports that 31-year-old Luis Gonzalez-Jose raped the girl last year while her mother was in the shower at their home in Whatcom County and then took her to a Planned Parenthood in August to get an abortion. To conceal her rapist’s identity, the girl told Planned Parenthood employees that a 14-year-old boy impregnated her.
The girl later told Whatcom County authorities that Gonzalez-Jose told her that “it would be best for her” not to have the baby.
He pleaded guilty to second-degree rape of a child in April.
After serving his six-year sentence at the Washington Corrections Center, Gonzalez-Jose will be deported.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)