Divers Find Spokane Boy’s Body In Idaho Lake
Get Breaking News First
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities in northern Idaho searching for a Washington state teen have recovered a body in the waters of Blue Lake.
Kootenai County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ryan Higgins says a side scan sonar team on Sunday afternoon detected a possible target, and a dive team confirmed the target was a body.
Crews had been searching for a 14-year-old boy from Spokane, Wash., who disappeared Saturday evening after he became separated from three other children while swimming with the group near a boat.
The Dive Rescue Team searched the lake for more than two hours Saturday but was unsuccessful in finding the boy.
Higgins says the boy was boating with his father, siblings and friends when he disappeared.
The boy’s name hasn’t been released.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.