COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities in northern Idaho searching for a Washington state teen have recovered a body in the waters of Blue Lake.
Kootenai County Sheriff’s Sgt. Ryan Higgins says a side scan sonar team on Sunday afternoon detected a possible target, and a dive team confirmed the target was a body.
Crews had been searching for a 14-year-old boy from Spokane, Wash., who disappeared Saturday evening after he became separated from three other children while swimming with the group near a boat.
The Dive Rescue Team searched the lake for more than two hours Saturday but was unsuccessful in finding the boy.
Higgins says the boy was boating with his father, siblings and friends when he disappeared.
The boy’s name hasn’t been released.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.