SEATTLE (AP) — The state Transportation Commission is holding five public hearings on proposed increases in ferry fares.
The first is Monday on board the San Juan Islands inter-island ferry. Others will be Wednesday in Coupeville, Thursday at Vashon Island, July 15 at Bainbridge Island and July 16 at Port Orchard.
The commission plans to make a final decision on fares at its July 30 meeting in Seattle.
The commission says increases of 2 to 3 percent this year and next are needed to meet the revenue targets set by the Legislature.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.