Man Arrested For Following Joe Biden’s Adivce
Get Breaking News First
VANCOUVER, Wash. (AP) — A Vancouver man who fired a shotgun in the air to chase away car prowlers says he was following the advice of Vice President Joe Biden.
Jeffrey Barton pleaded not guilty Wednesday in a Clark County court to a charge of illegally discharging a firearm. The 52-year-old fired the shot Monday when he thought people were breaking into his vehicles.
Outside of court, Barton told KOIN, ”I did what Joe Biden told me to do. I went outside and fired my shotgun in the air.”
In an answer to a home defense question in February, the vice president said Americans don’t need semi-automatic weapons because a couple of blasts from a shotgun will scare off intruders.
Sheriff’s deputies said it’s not allowed except in self-defense.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)