REPORT: Baby Born In Car During Seattle Rush Hour
Get Breaking News First
(CBS Seattle) – England’s royal baby has been getting all the attention for the past few weeks, but a newborn here in Seattle has quite a story.
According to several reports, a woman delivered a baby in the front seat of a car during rush our in Seattle Tuesday morning.
The Seattle Fire Department reports the birth happened at E Yesler & Boren. KOMO says the woman was en route to a hospital with her husband and were forced to pull over and call 911 because the birth started earlier than expected.
Firefighters arrived three minutes after the call to 911 was made, but the baby was already out by the time they got there, according to KOMO.
An off-duty nurse reportedly helped with the birth.
The mother and her baby boy, both healthy, were taken to Swedish Hospital, according to KIRO 7.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)