Sex-Trafficking Sweep Saves 3 Local Victims, Nets 150 Arrests
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (CBS Seattle / AP) — Three juvenile victims were recovered and nine adults arrested last week in prostitution sweeps in the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett area, according to the FBI.
Officers involved in Child Exploitation Task Forces questioned 55 adults engaged in prostitution as part of an enforcement action that was part of the Innocence Lost National Initiative.
Undercover agents and detectives who contacted young women offered them community services, such as job training, housing and counseling.
Nationally, authorities rescued 105 children and arrested 150 pimps and others in a campaign in 76 American cities, known as Operation Cross Country.
According to the FBI, 18 of the 150 suspects were arrested by agents based in Detroit; 17 by agents from San Francisco and 13 by Oklahoma City agents.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)