Skagit River Bridge To Be Renamed For Trooper
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — The Washington State Transportation Commission voted Tuesday to rename the Skagit River Bridge for State Patrol Trooper Sean M. O’Connell Jr., who died nearby in an accident while directing traffic through detours set up after the bridge collapsed.
During its meeting in Seattle, the Transportation Commission voted to rename the bridge the Trooper Sean M. O’Connell Jr. Memorial Bridge.
The change was requested by lawmakers from the 40th legislative district, as well as the chief of the State Patrol and local and state government officials.
Transportation Commission Chairman Dan O’Neal says the decision was unanimous and enthusiastic.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.