‘Bikini Barista’ Accused Of Running Coffee Shop Brothels Sues City
Get Breaking News First
EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — A woman accused of using her espresso stands in Everett, Wash., as drive-thru brothels is suing the city to recover $250,000 she says was wrongfully seized by police.
Carmela Panico owns the Java Juggs and Twin Peaks “bikini baristas.” She was arrested in June and accused of promoting prostitution, but she has not been charged. The cash was seized in a search of her home in Snohomish.
The Daily Herald reports the lawsuit was filed after Panico was notified that the city planned to keep the cash as proceeds from criminal activity.
Coffee shops in the Seattle area introduced bikini baristas several years ago, hiring attractive young women to serve up steamy espressos and lattes while wearing as little as a G-string and pasties.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)