Sign Of Season Change In Local Weather
SEATTLE (AP) — The National Weather Service says a weak front moving across Washington is bringing some light rain to Western Washington and a chance of showers Friday and Saturday in Western and Eastern Washington.
Forecasters expect dry skies and seasonal temperatures to return next week.
After a long stretch of hot, dry conditions, University of Washington Atmospheric Sciences Professor Cliff Mass says the front is the first sign of a seasonal shift to autumn weather.
Mass blogs that precipitation typically increases in the second or third week of August. There’s plenty of summer left, but a shift in the Northwest weather pattern is evident.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.