Sign Of Season Change In Local Weather
SEATTLE (AP) — The National Weather Service says a weak front moving across Washington is bringing some light rain to Western Washington and a chance of showers Friday and Saturday in Western and Eastern Washington.
Forecasters expect dry skies and seasonal temperatures to return next week.
After a long stretch of hot, dry conditions, University of Washington Atmospheric Sciences Professor Cliff Mass says the front is the first sign of a seasonal shift to autumn weather.
Mass blogs that precipitation typically increases in the second or third week of August. There’s plenty of summer left, but a shift in the Northwest weather pattern is evident.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.