(CBS Seattle) — The Seattle Police Department says one man was issued a fine for selling marijuana-laced snacks outside Hempfest Saturday.
Officers on bike patrol were out making sure street vendors had the proper permits when they noticed a man selling Rice Krispies Treats near Elliot Avenue and Bay Street, according to Seattle Police.
When asked if the treats contained marijuana, the man told police, “not too much, but a little.” He was selling them for $3 a piece, but did not have a license to do so.
RELATED: Seattle Hempfest 2013 [GALLERY]
Officers wrote the man a ticket for $513 for unlicensed vending and confiscated the snacks and destroyed them.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)