Police Fine Weed-Laced Snack Vendor $513
Get Breaking News First
(CBS Seattle) — The Seattle Police Department says one man was issued a fine for selling marijuana-laced snacks outside Hempfest Saturday.
Officers on bike patrol were out making sure street vendors had the proper permits when they noticed a man selling Rice Krispies Treats near Elliot Avenue and Bay Street, according to Seattle Police.
When asked if the treats contained marijuana, the man told police, “not too much, but a little.” He was selling them for $3 a piece, but did not have a license to do so.
RELATED: Seattle Hempfest 2013 [GALLERY]
Officers wrote the man a ticket for $513 for unlicensed vending and confiscated the snacks and destroyed them.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)