Study: Seattle 1 Of 5 Cities That Buy Than Half Of All Electric Vehicles In U.S.
(CBS Seattle) – Seattle’s reputation of being a green, energy-efficient city may have gotten even stronger according to a new report from R.L. Polk.
New data shows more than half of all electric vehicles in the U.S. (52 percent) are roaming the roads in five major cities — one of which is Seattle.
According to R.L. Polk, eight percent of electric vehicles are purchased in the Emerald City. San Francisco leads all U.S. cities with 19.5 percent; Los Angeles is the runner up with 15.4 percent; New York city represents 4.6 percent and Atlanta is at 4.4 percent.
Analysts point to tax cuts in California for EV drivers as a major factor. EV drivers are also granted HOV lane access in most of these cities. In New York, EV drivers can get a sticker to access the 40-mile stretch of the Long Island Expressway that leads into New York City.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)