Southwest To Offer Portland-To-Orlando Flights
Get Breaking News First
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — Southwest Airlines has announced that it will start offering nonstop flights between Portland and Orlando early next year.
The airline said in a release that the “seasonal route” will be on Saturdays starting March 11.
The Portland International Jetport previously had a nonstop flight to Orlando on AirTran. That flight ended in April 2012. AirTran merged with Southwest in May 2011.
Airport Director Paul Bradbury tells The Portland Press Herald that Orlando is the third-most-popular destination for passengers flying out of Portland, after the Washington, D.C., area and the New York City area.
The jetport has had a slight increase in passenger traffic.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.