Musician To Be Sentenced For Hiding Pot In Drums
Get Breaking News First
HONOLULU (AP) — A musician faces sentencing after federal agents found 20 pounds of marijuana hidden in drums he checked-in on a flight from San Francisco to Honolulu.
Brian Kusko is scheduled to be sentenced Tuesday in federal court in Honolulu. He faces up to five years in prison after entering into a plea deal with prosecutors. He pleaded guilty to possessing, with intent to distribute, about 20 pounds of marijuana.
According to the plea agreement, Kusko checked in three pieces of oversized luggage containing musical drums for an October 2012 Hawaiian Airlines flight. Drug Enforcement Administration agents found plastic bags of marijuana in the drums. He was arrested when he landed in Honolulu.
Defense attorney William Harrison says he plans to ask for probation.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]