SEATTLE (AP) — The National Weather Service has issued flood watch for Western Washington as heavy rain soaks the region Thursday.
The flood watch is set for Thursday until Friday afternoon for Grays Harbor, Clallam, Island, Jefferson, San Juan, Skagit, Whatcom, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, Snohomish and Thurston counties.
The forecast calls for heavy rainfall to arrive Thursday night through Friday morning, from the Olympic Mountains east. Thursday morning saw thunder throughout the region and rain causing heavy traffic in some areas.
Forecasters say the heavy rainfall could cause urban and small stream flooding by overwhelming storm drains.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]