Heavy Rains Fall, Flood Watch Set For Western WA
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — The National Weather Service has issued flood watch for Western Washington as heavy rain soaks the region Thursday.
The flood watch is set for Thursday until Friday afternoon for Grays Harbor, Clallam, Island, Jefferson, San Juan, Skagit, Whatcom, King, Kitsap, Lewis, Mason, Pierce, Snohomish and Thurston counties.
The forecast calls for heavy rainfall to arrive Thursday night through Friday morning, from the Olympic Mountains east. Thursday morning saw thunder throughout the region and rain causing heavy traffic in some areas.
Forecasters say the heavy rainfall could cause urban and small stream flooding by overwhelming storm drains.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]