Boy Facing Rape Plea Jumps Over Courthouse Railing In Attempted Escape
Get Breaking News First
GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) — A Great Falls teen who had agreed to plead guilty to raping an 11-year-old girl last fall wrestled away from sheriff’s deputies who were escorting him to court and jumped over the railing at the courthouse striking his head on the tile floor below.
Cascade County officials say 16-year-old Kaleb Kuebler was in leg shackles and handcuffs Wednesday morning when he got away from the officers and jumped.
Witness Katie Kenneway told the Great Falls Tribune that one deputy caught Kuebler’s leg shackle but before another officer could get there, the shackle slipped through the deputy’s fingers.
Kuebler was listed in critical but stable condition at Benefis Healthcare on Thursday. A spokeswoman said he was not listed in the patient system on Friday, possibly due to a confidentiality request.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)