Prison For Powerlifter For Importing Steroids
Get Breaking News First
SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — An Eastern Washington powerlifter has been sentenced to 2.5 years in federal prison for importing steroids.
The U.S. Attorney’s office says 39-year-old Ryan Shawn Kennelly received a package from India to his post office box in Kennewick containing more than 1,500 anabolic steroid tablets in December 2010. The package was searched by U.S. Post Office Inspectors after receiving a federal warrant.
Two months before the package from India arrived, Grant County authorities had seized steroids from Kennelly’s Moses Lake home.
Kennelly was sentenced Thursday. He will also be on a 3-year supervised release after he serves his time in prison. He pleaded guilty in March.
According to the Tri-City Herald, Kennelly once held the World Powerlifting Organization’s bench press record in 2008 by pressing 1,075 pounds.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]