More Delays For $2B Tunnel Project
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — Boring at Seattle’s $2 billion tunnel project has been delayed again until next week.
Officials with contractor Seattle Tunnel Partners said Friday that the boring machine is going through more tests before it can be restarted. They say some of the early material that the machine was tunneling through apparently had a chance to solidify while the machine had been shut down.
The boring came to a halt in recent weeks as longshoremen were picketing at the site due to a dispute over a handful of waterfront jobs. Gov. Jay Inslee announced Tuesday that the longshoremen had agreed to allow work to proceed as officials worked toward a larger resolution on that dispute.
Officials had hoped to restart boring work Friday. They are now looking at some point early next week.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top Headlines From Our Music StationsKZOK JACK Seattle
- Roastmaster General Jeff Ross Says His Style A 'Defense Mechanism'
- Mark Wahlberg Drops F-Bombs During MTV Movie Awards Acceptance Speech [VIDEO]
- Hey Atlanta, Why Do You Hate America?