Heavy Weekend Rains Forecast In Western Washington
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — A wet weekend is forecast for Washington, especially in the mountains of Western Washington.
The National Weather Service expects locally heavy rain at times on the southwest slopes of the Olympics and Cascades. For the three-day period ending Monday rainfall could total 5 to 8 inches in the mountains and 2 to 4 inches elsewhere. That would be enough to drive some rivers to flood stage early next week.
Forecasters also say it will be windy Saturday on the coast and north interior.
Wet and windy conditions also are forecast for the weekend in Eastern Washington.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video