SEATTLE (AP) — One man has died after jumping or falling from a burning apartment on the ninth floor of a building in Seattle’s University District. Firefighters found another man inside the apartment.
Police say officers discovered the fire when they responded to a report of a disturbance at the apartment around 1 a.m. Wednesday. The door was blocked but they saw flames. They also saw someone inside, but he wouldn’t come out.
Officers evacuated other residents on the floor as firefighters arrived and put out the fire.
Then police discovered the dead man on the ground below.
Firefighters found the second man in the apartment and took him to Harborview Medical Center with burns and smoke inhalation.
A couple of residents and several officers also were treated for inhaling smoke.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)