Police: “Designated Driver” Arrested For DUI After Hitting Two Cop Cars
Get Breaking News First
SALEM, Ore. (CBS Seattle) – An Oregon woman crashed into two police cars parked on a highway near Salem with their emergency lights flashing, reports KATU-TV.
In the car were two highly intoxicated passengers and a “designated driver” with a blood alcohol content over twice the legal limit, said police.
Deputies arrested 26-year-old Mercede Lynn Ogan on DUI and reckless driving charges.
She told police she was driving because her friends were too drunk.
The sheriff’s office said the impact of the collision pushed one police car into another.
That car, and Ogan’s car, had to be towed away.
No one was hurt in the incident.
Popular On CBS Seattle
- Seahawks Player: Report Claiming Teammates Said Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough' Is 'Insult To Our Race'
- Seattle Times 'Outraged' FBI Created Fake Web Page, News Story To Catch Suspect
- Third Student Dies From MPHS Shooting
- Paul Allen Giving At Least $100 Million To Ebola Fight
- Seattle Student Arrested For Bringing Molotov Cocktail To School