Seattle Unemployment Down To 4.7 Percent
Get Breaking News First
(CBS Seattle) — The unemployment rate in the Seattle area has dipped below the five percent mark, according to data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
New statistics show the Seattle unemployment rate sits at roughly 4.7 percent — whereas a year ago, the Emerald City stood at 7.2 percent. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ latest numbers also show the number of workers voluntarily leaving their jobs is up more than ten percent over the past two years.
In February of 2010, the unemployment rate in Seattle peaked at 10.4 percent. Since then, there has been a gradual decline with an occasional spike. The unemployment rate in 2013 has stayed below seven percent since February.
Right now the unemployment rate for the U.S. is 7.3 percent.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]