NEW YORK (AP) — Kanye West is postponing the rest of his “Yeezus” tour after a 60-foot LED screen used during his shows was damaged.
A representative for the rapper says a truck that carried the screen was in an accident Wednesday that “damaged the gear beyond repair.” The truck was on its way to Vancouver.
The rep said in a statement Thursday that it would be “impossible” to put on a show until the screen is repaired.
Thursday’s show in Vancouver and next week’s shows in Denver and Minneapolis were postponed. The West rep planned to provide an update later on any new dates.
West’s tour kicked off this month in Seattle. Rapper Kendrick Lamar is his opening act.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Stream Neil Young's 'Live At The Cellar Door'
- JACK Seattle: Follow JACK's Crazy Christmas Song Countdown
- KMPS: 'The Voice' Upsets Viewers With Lyric Change
- KZOK: Dick Dodd, Drummer and Singer of the Standells, Dies at 68
- JACK Seattle: Black Friday: Mall Brawlers Get Tasered
- KMPS: Top Country Christmas Songs [VIDEO]