West Tour Postponed After 60-foot Screen Damaged
NEW YORK (AP) — Kanye West is postponing the rest of his “Yeezus” tour after a 60-foot LED screen used during his shows was damaged.
A representative for the rapper says a truck that carried the screen was in an accident Wednesday that “damaged the gear beyond repair.” The truck was on its way to Vancouver.
The rep said in a statement Thursday that it would be “impossible” to put on a show until the screen is repaired.
Thursday’s show in Vancouver and next week’s shows in Denver and Minneapolis were postponed. The West rep planned to provide an update later on any new dates.
West’s tour kicked off this month in Seattle. Rapper Kendrick Lamar is his opening act.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video