Investors Look At Marijuana Start-Ups In Seattle
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — With legal marijuana sales about to start in Washington, start-up businesses are preparing for the market and seeking financing.
Thirteen companies are making a pitch Tuesday in Seattle to 60 investors at a meeting organized by the ArcView Investor Network.
ArcView says a similar pitch-meeting was held in September in Denver and more than 10 investors put more than $1.7 million in three marijuana-related businesses.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]