Dead Candidate Wins Election In Des Moines
Get Breaking News First
DES MOINES, Wash. (AP) — A candidate who died in August won election Tuesday to a water district commission in Des Moines with 71 percent of the vote.
King County election results show 318 votes for John Rosentangle and 129 votes for write-in candidates.
Rosentangle’s name was the only one on the ballot for the position.
Officials did not have time to remove it after the 63-year-old died of an illness, according to multiple sources.
Officials in King County Water District 54 had hoped a write-in candidate would win. Now they’ll have to follow procedures for filling a vacant seat.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video