Snow Lands On Seattle, Expected To Melt Away Later Friday
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (AP) — A light snow fell overnight in the Western Washington lowlands, leaving many roads slick for the Friday morning commute in the Seattle area.
Police and the Washington State Patrol reported numerous accidents.
Many schools delayed opening with buses on snow routes. Seattle schools were on a two-hour delay. A few other districts, such as Federal Way and Bellevue, decided to declare a snow day.
The state Transportation Department and local governments had trucks out overnight spreading sand or deicer as the first widespread snow of the season moved through Western Washington.
The National Weather Service says it will be short-lived. Warming temperatures will turn precipitation to rain later in the morning.
Heavier snow is forecast in the mountains and parts of Eastern Washington where temperatures are freezing.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]