Oregon Woman Accused Of Taking $20,000 From Purse
Get Breaking News First
OREGON CITY, Ore. (AP) — Police arrested a suburban Portland woman accused of stealing $20,000 from a purse, money that was to be used to pay for an engagement ring.
Theresa Costello of Milwaukie has been charged with aggravated theft. The 37-year-old also will be charged with being a fugitive from Washington, where she was accused in an unrelated theft.
Clackamas County Sheriff’s Sgt. Dan Kraus says an employee at a nail salon called 9-1-1 Thursday night to report the theft, and she told dispatchers the culprit was likely a customer who had been sitting near the purse.
The worker confronted the customer at her car and kept her there until police arrived.
Kraus says the money was found under the driver’s seat of Costello’s car.
The victim told investigators she had $20,000 in her purse because she planned to go shopping for an engagement ring with her fiancé.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video