Police: Burglary Victim Gives Drunk Suspect A Glass Of Water
Get Breaking News First
SEATTLE (CBS Seattle) – When a Seattle man found a drunk man rummaging through his parents bedroom last week, he did what many of us would not do…gave him a glass of water.
KOMO-TV reports the victim was home alone at his parents’s house when he heard noises coming from the bedroom.
He investigated and found a man opening drawers and throwing things onto the floor.
The victim told police the rummager seemed intoxicated and confused so he offered the man a chair and got him a glass of water.
After caling 911, he then sat with the man until police arrived.
A medical technician on the scene examined the suspected robber for signs of a drug overdose.
The suspect had a strong smell of alcohol and had three bottles of pills in his pocket, according to police records. He was also having trouble keeping his balance.
The suspect was taken to a hospital before being booked on burglary charges.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- JACK Seattle: N. Korea Zoo Get Pack of Wild... Yorkies?
- KZOK: Watch U2 Perform 'Ordinary Love' at The Oscars
- KMPS: Watch Harry Potter Sing Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Terrifying Moose Attack Caught On Film [Video]