800-Pound Runaway Snowball Slams Into College Dorm, Knocks In Wall
Get Breaking News First
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Two math majors at Reed College lost control of a massive snowball that rolled into a dorm, knocking in part of a bedroom wall.
No one was injured.
The students began making the snowball last week during a rare snowstorm in Portland, Ore.
Nobody weighed the object, but college spokesman Kevin Myers says it was estimated to weigh 800 pounds or more.
The students responsible for the runaway snowball reported the incident and have not been disciplined. Myers says they didn’t intend to cause damage and feel awful about what happened.
A maintenance manager told Reed Magazine it will cost several thousand dollars to repair the building.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- KZOK: Danny Bonaduce Punches Himself In The Mouth, Knocks Out Tooth
- JACK Seattle: Freaky 7-Foot-Tall Clown Covers Lorde's 'Royals'[VIDEO]
- KMPS: Miranda Lambert Announces New Album 'Platinum' Coming in June
- KZOK: Gettin' The Word Out About The KZOK YouTube Channel [Video]
- JACK Seattle: Awesome Slow-Motion Airbag Video