Twin 80-Year-Old Brothers Die Of CO Poisoning

CHEHALIS (AP) — Twin 80-year-old brothers were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide while working on an antique car in a closed garage in Chehalis and died.

The Lewis County sheriff’s office says the wife of one of the men found them Sunday evening when she returned home from a neighbor’s house.

The other brother was visiting from Rainier, Wash.

The sheriff’s office says the men were working on the car’s exhaust.

When fire department emergency responders arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors showed a high level of the deadly fumes.

One brother was declared dead at a Centralia hospital and the other at a Seattle hospital.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live