KMPS 'Country Cares' St. Jude Radiothon: Become a Partner In Hope to end childhood cancer | CALL TODAY 1-800-726-4673 | PHONE LINES OPEN

Man Critcally Injured In Blast At Seattle Motel

SEATTLE (AP) — Authorities say a natural gas explosion at a North Seattle motel critically injured a man in his 40s.

The blast Monday blew the door off a room at the Klose-In Motel in the 9300 block of Aurora Avenue North.

The Seattle Fire Department reported natural gas as the cause of the fire and said damage was estimated at $55,000. The man was transported to the burn unit at Harborview Medical Center.

The Red Cross of Western Washington was helping find temporary housing for 41 people displaced by the explosion.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live