Scooter Driven In Building Sickens Workers, Sends Nine To Hospitals

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Authorities say at least 17 people became ill and nine have been taken to area hospitals after a person drove a gas-powered scooter inside a downtown office building in Boise.

Firefighters responded Wednesday afternoon to the 14-story One Capital Center building after office workers complained of headaches and dizziness.

Officials say two of those taken to hospitals likely suffering from low level carbon monoxide poisoning are pregnant women.

Incident Commander Don Gifford of the Boise Fire Department says the scooter traveled on multiple floors while being operated by an employee in the building.

He says operating a motor scooter in a building is against the fire code.

Authorities haven’t released information about who drove the scooter.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Seattle

DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Watch Danny Bonaduce On DANNY TV

Listen Live