(CBS Seattle) — If you have anywhere to go this weekend, you should probably stick to walking to and from your destination. Both the Washington State Department of Transportation and the Seattle Department of Transportation say this could be one of the ugliest weekends for traffic in the city’s history.
Here’s a ridiculously long collection of events and traffic snarls happening in the Puget Sound region this weekend.
Friday, June 20: Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Health and Fitness Expo, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., CenturyLink Field Event Center.
Friday, June 20: Fremont Fair, 5-11 p.m., Fremont neighborhood.
Saturday, June 21: Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon, 5:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Seattle Center area.
Saturday, June 21: Fremont Fair, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., Fremont neighborhood.
Saturday, June 21: United Way Celebrity Softball Game, 1:30 p.m., Safeco Field.
Sunday, June 22: Ken Schram memorial, 11 a.m., Fisher Pavilion.
Sunday, June 22: Fremont Fair, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fremont neighborhood.
Sunday, June 22: Storm vs. Washington Mystics, 6 p.m., KeyArena.
June 20 – 22: Fremont Fair will close streets in the Fremont neighborhood Friday afternoon to Sunday night.
June 20 – 23: Northbound SR99 closed between the West Seattle Freeway and the Battery St. Tunnel Friday night to Monday morning.
June 20 – 23: SR520 bridge fully closed Friday night to Monday morning.
June 21: Rock ‘n Roll Marathon starts and finishes at the Seattle Center on Saturday. Event will affect streets from Mercer St. south to Seward Park, and from SR99 east to Lake Washington.
June 21: Fremont Solstice Parade will start in the Fremont neighborhood and end at Gas Works Park.
I-90 Express Lanes:
The I-90 express lanes will be closed from 3 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdayfor the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon. Lanes will reopen westbound after the closure and remain westbound throughout the weekend.
**DRIVER ALERT SR 99 Seattle:
- All lanes of northbound SR 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 10 p.m. Friday to 4 p.m. Saturday to re-route the temporary roadway as part of the SR 99 tunnel project.
- All lanes of northbound SR 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and Valley Street from 4 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday.
- The left lane of southbound SR 99 will be closed between Republican and Thomas streets from 4 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Monday for utility work.
**DRIVER ALERT I-405 Bellevue**:
- Up to three lanes of southbound I-405 between Northeast 85th Street and Northeast 70th Street will close starting at 7 p.m. Saturday for lane restriping work. One lane will open by 7 a.m. Sunday and all lanes will open by 9 a.m.
- The ramp from southbound I-405 to Northeast 70th Street and the Northeast 85th Street ramp to southbound I-405 will be closed from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. Sunday for lane re-striping work.
- The HOV lane of southbound I-405 at Southeast 6th Street will close from 8 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday for barrier demo work.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Both WSDOT and SDOT contributed to this report.)