KENT, September 1, 2016 – The Seattle Thunderbirds are excited to announce our promotional and giveaway calendar for the 2016-17 season.
The T-Birds Home Opener is Saturday, October 1, against the Portland Winterhawks at 7:05pm at ShoWare Center. The T-Birds will raise U.S. Division Champion and Western Conference Champion banners in a special pregame ceremony. The Home Opener will also feature a Party on the Plaza at ShoWare Center starting at 5pm. The T-Birds will be giving out 2016-17 magnetic schedules to all fans courtesy of Pat’s Plumbing.
During the 2016-17 season there will be 11 promotional giveaways for fans. They are T-Birds Magnetic Schedule on Opening Night, eight Player Magnet Nights, T-Birds Calendar Night and a Team Poster Night.
The popular 2-for-Tuesday nights will return this season. The T-Birds have eight games scheduled at home on Tuesdays. For all eight of these games fans can buy two tickets for the price of one. The concession stands will also have specials including $2 hot dogs, $2 popcorn, $2 soft drinks and two for one beer prices.
At three games this season the Thunderbird Community Sports Foundation will guarantee a minimum amount for the 50/50 raffle prize. On November 26 against Victoria there will be a minimum guarantee of $3,000. On January 6 against Everett there will be a minimum guarantee of $5,000 for the 50/50. On February 11 against Portland there will be a minimum guarantee of $10,000.
The T-Birds have teamed up with Les Schwab and the Forgotten Children’s Fund to collect new, unwrapped toys at three games in December. These games are on December 13, December 16 and December 17.
There will be three Pub Nights at T-Birds games this season at ShoWare Center. Fans can purchase 10 tickets, 10 beers, and 10 hats for $220. Pub Nights will be on December 2, February 3, and March 3. Tickets for Pub Nights must be purchased before game day.
Mite Fest will be on Sunday, January 29. Children ages 8 to 9 will be able to come down early, tour the locker room and play games on the ice. Beginner Fest is Sunday, February 26, against Everett. Beginning hockey players from 5 to 8-years old will be able to arrive early for a tour of the locker room and they will play games on the ice.
Hockey Challenge 2016 benefiting Ronald McDonald House Charities of Western Washington and Alaska is scheduled for Saturday, February 18, when the T-Birds face off against the Portland Winterhawks. This game will have a special start time of 6:05pm.
The Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot and Ham Shoot will be returning this season. The Turkey Shoot will take place on November 11 and the Ham Shoot will be on December 3. All females in attendance, 18 and older, will have the chance to participate in a puck shoot contest after the game to win a turkey or ham.
The Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 will take place on January 21 against Vancouver. All teddy bears and other stuffed animals thrown on the ice after the T-Birds first goal of the game will be collected and distributed by the WARM 106.9 Teddy Bear Patrol.
The T-Birds will have two Youth Group Nights, on October 22 and February 26. The first 1,000 fans to purchase tickets will receive a T-Birds hat. There will be $1 ice cream at the concession stands for all fans.
There will be one Season Ticket Holder Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night. This night is on October 7 against the Victoria Royals. Season ticket holders will be able to purchase four premium tickets for $30 or 10 premium tickets for $50 to give to family and friends. Tickets must be bought in groups of four.
At the game on Saturday, February 11 against Portland the T-Birds will team with the WHL and the Canadian Mental Health Awareness Association for a special event. This night will feature a puck drop, PA and big screen announcements and a kiosk on the ShoWare Center concourse focused on raising awareness of mental health issues.
New this year will be Cool Bird’s Birthday Bash, which will be February 26 against Everett. Fan Appreciation Night is March 19 against the Vancouver Giants.
There will also be a Support a Sport Night November 26 against Victoria. Country Night with 94.1 KMPS is Friday, February 10. Girl/Boy Scout Night is February 25 against Everett.
The T-Birds open the 2016-17 season in Portland against the Winterhawks on Saturday, September 24, at 7:00pm in Portland.
The T-Birds home opener for the 2016-17 season is Saturday, October 1, against the Portland Winterhawks at 7:05pm at ShoWare Center.
T-Birds single game tickets for the 2016-17 season are currently on sale. Fans can purchase single game tickets online or at the ShoWare Center box office.
T-Birds 2016-17 season tickets are currently on sale. Season tickets can be purchased by calling the T-Birds office at 253-239-7825.
2016-17 THUNDERBIRDS PROMOTION SCHEDULE
– Saturday, October 1 vs. Portland, Party on the Plaza, Magnetic Schedule presented by Pat’s Plumbing (all fans), Fling-a-Fish 1
– Friday, October 7 vs. Victoria, Introduce a Friend to Hockey Night
– Tuesday, October 11 vs. Spokane, 2-for-Tuesday 1, Player Magnet 1 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, October 14 vs. Prince George, Val Pak Family Night
– Friday, October 21 vs. Portland, Pink the Rink, Fling-a-Fish 2
– Saturday, October 22 vs. Kelowna, Youth Group Night 1
– Friday, November 11 vs. Calgary, Fred Meyer Turkey Shoot, Veteran’s Day
– Friday, November 18 vs. Lethbridge, Val Pak Family Night
– Tuesday, November 22 vs. Edmonton, 2-for-Tuesday 2, Player Magnet 2 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, November 26 vs. Victoria, Support a Sport Night, Thunderbirds Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $3,000 50/50 Prize
– Friday, December 2 vs. Kootenay, Pub Night 1
– Saturday, December 3 vs. Medicine Hate, Fred Meyer Ham Shoot, Boy Scout Night
– Tuesday, December 13 vs. Spokane, 2-for-Tuesday 3, Les Schwab Toy Drive, Player Magnet 3 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, December 16 vs. Prince George, Val Pak Family Night, Les Schwab Toy Drive
– Saturday, December 17 vs. Tri-City, Les Schwab Toy Drive
– Tuesday, December 27 vs. Spokane, 2-for-Tuesday 4, Player Magnet 4 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, December 30 vs. Portland, Fling-A-Fish 3
– Friday, January 6 vs. Everett, Thunderbird Community Sports Foundation guaranteed $5,000 50/50 Prize, T-Bird Calendar giveaway (first 5,000 fans)
– Sunday, January 15 vs. Spokane, Val Pak Family Night
– Tuesday, January 17 vs. Tri-City, 2-for-Tuesday 5, Player Magnet 5 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, January 21 vs. Vancouver, Fred Meyer Teddy Bear Toss presented by WARM 106.9 FM
– Sunday, January 29 vs. Tri-City, Youth Hockey Mite Fest
– Tuesday, January 31 vs. Kamloops, 2-for-Tuesday 6, Player Magnet 6 (first 2,500 fans)
– Friday, February 3 vs. Kamloops, Pub Night 2
– Friday, February 10 vs. Tri-City, Val Pak Family Night, 94.1 KMPS Country Night
– Saturday, February 11 vs. Portland, Mental Health Awareness Night, Thunderbird Community Sports Foundation Guaranteed $10,000 50/50 prize, Fling-a-Fish 4
– Tuesday, February 14 vs. Red Deer, 2-for-Tuesday 7, Valentine’s Day Promotion, Player Magnet 7 (first 2,500 fans), Roses delivered in seats
– Saturday, February 18 vs. Portland, Ronald McDonald House Hockey Challenge, Fling-a-Fish 5
– Saturday, February 25 vs. Kelowna, Girl Scout/Boy Scout Night
– Sunday, February 26 vs. Everett, Cool Bird Birthday Bash, Youth Group Night, Beginner Fest
– Friday, March 3 vs. Tri-City, Pub Night 3
– Tuesday, March 7 vs. Spokane, 2-for-Tuesday 8, Player Magnet 8 (first 2,500 fans)
– Saturday, March 18 vs. Portland, Team Poster Giveaway Night (first 5,000 fans), Fling-a-Fish 6
– Sunday, March 19 vs. Vancouver, Fan Appreciation Night