Health Topic Center
CBS Seattle Health News
- Study: Marijuana Smokers May Use Drug To Cope With Negative Emotions Pot smokers reported using the drug to help them feel better, but it may lead to a vicious circle of dependence.
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Doctors: Finding Source Unlikely In E. Coli Deaths Investigators say they don't expect to find the specific sources of fatal strains of E. coli that killed two children in the Pacific Northwest and left a Washington boy fighting for his life.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- Study: Potassium Can Help Prevent Strokes A new report in the journal 'Stroke' says there could be advantages to having potassium in the body.
- 'Infant Cocooning' Becoming More Popular Among New Parents The idea is to immunize everyone who comes into contact with the baby.
- Study: Any Diet Works If People Stick To It Willpower is the key to weight loss, say researchers.