Health Topic Center
CBS Seattle Health News
- Study: Men Become More Unhappy When They Hit 70 Researchers at Oregon State University found that perceptions of unhappiness or dealing with "hassles" increases once men are about 65-70 years old.
- Study: Pot-Smoking Students Outperform 'Marginalized' Tobacco Smokers Students who smoke marijuana – and refrain from smoking tobacco –achieve higher levels of academic success than their “marginalized” cigarette-smoking peers.
- State Seeing More Tuberculosis Cases State health officials say tuberculosis cases are on the rise in Washington state after several years of decline.
- Washington Sees Age Drop In Health Care Sign-Ups The average age of people signing up for health insurance through the state of Washington exchange has dropped a little since the state began ramping up its marketing to those under 35, according to numbers released Tuesday by the federal government.
- The Biggest Pregnancy Myths Debunked by Expert Linda Geddes Simon & Schuster author Linda Geddes explores and debunks common baby and pregnancy myths here.
- Study: Legal Weed Encourages Teens To Smoke Pot Survey of high school students show they are more likely to smoke marijuana if it's legal.
- Wash. State Officials: Man Faked Being Doctor To Conduct Faith-Based, Herbal Cancer Treatment Washington State investigators allege that a man treating pain and cancer was actually a fraud – and that several patients died under his unlicensed care.
- Experts Increasingly Contemplate End Of Smoking A growing number of experts believe the most promising option is to get people to switch to electronic cigarettes.
- Kids Continue To Pound Back The Caffeine Approximately 75 percent of U.S. kids and young adults consume at least some caffeine on a daily basis.
- ADA's New Recommendations To Keep Kids Cavity Free The ADA says children should begin using toothpaste with fluoride as soon as they get their first tooth to help fight cavities.