Health Topic Center
CBS Seattle Health News
- Hospital Warning Thousands To Get Children Tested For HIV, Hepatitis After Surgical Equipment Not Sterilized Seattle Children's Hospital is offering free blood tests to 12,000 families after discovering surgical equipment at its Bellevue Clinic and Surgery Center was not always properly cleaned and sterilized.
- Head Of Washington Health Exchange To Step Down He has not announced what he plans to do next.
- Study: Teen Marijuana Use Not Linked To Health Problems Later In Life Chronic marijuana use among teens does not appear to have a link to physical and mental health issues later in life, a new study suggests.
- Study: Marijuana Can Help Heal Broken Bones Marijuana could aid the healing process for broken bones, according to a new study.
- Study: Men Overcompensate When They Feel Masculinity Is Threatened A recent study from the University of Washington finds that men overcompensate when they feel their masculinity is threatened.
- Doctors Find Calcified Fetus That's Been In Womb Of Elderly Woman For Over 50 Years Chilean doctors have discovered a calcified fetus that’s been in the womb of a 92-year-old woman for over 50 years.
- Study: Medical Marijuana Legalization Doesn't Increase Teen Use Medical marijuana laws don't trigger an increase in teen pot smoking, a new study concludes.
- Experts Say Americans Will Likely Eat Less Meat Soon Experts say meat consumption will inevitably go down in America as global demand is on the rise.
- More Reason For Calm Than Panic In South Korean MERS Scare South Korea has seen more than 40 cases and four deaths from Middle East Respiratory Syndrome.
- Dozens Sickened In 9 States From Salmonella Outbreak Linked To Raw Tuna A salmonella outbreak likely linked to raw tuna has sickened 53 people in nine states, health officials said Thursday.
- Study: No Evidence Marijuana Helps Dementia Patients Dutch researchers found no significant difference between dementia patients given THC pills and those given placebos.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Judge: Washington Must Fix Problem With Jailing Mentally Ill A federal judge has issued a permanent injunction against the state of Washington for violating the constitutional rights of mentally ill people who wait long periods in jail for treatment, saying they can't be held in custody for more than seven...