The Washington state Patrol is investigating allegations that a Joint Base Lewis McChord soldier lured under girls through Facebook and blackmailed them into giving up nude pictures.
Last year, the girlfriend of one of 5 Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldiers called police when she found a anti tank Rocket Launcher in her closet. The soldiers are under investigation by ATF according to law enforcement officials […]
John Henry Browne told The Associated Press that members of the defense team in Afghanistan were told they would have access to witnesses at a hospital, but later discovered the people had been released.
The U.S. suspect in the slaughter of 16 villagers in Afghanistan has a trail of shaky financial dealings — from working in penny-stock boiler rooms that drew numerous client complaints, to an unpaid $1.5 million fraud judgment, to a failed investment partnership with a former high school football teammate, records show. His Lake Tapps, WA home was put up for sale earlier this month.
Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales remembers little about the night he is accused of slaughtering 16 Afghan civilians in a nighttime shooting rampage, according to his lawyer, John Henry Browne.
The wife of the U.S. soldier held in the slayings of 16 Afghan villagers is offering condolences to the victims’ families and says she too wants to know what happened. She and her children were moved from their home in Lake Tapps onto Joint Base Lewis-McChord earlier this week.
Seattle defense attorney John Henry Browne is preparing to meet Monday with Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who is facing formal charges in an attack on two slumbering Afghan villages that left 16 people dead, including nine children.
Five days after the massacre, a portrait of the 38-year-old staff sergeant is beginning to emerge, though it remains very sketchy. Much of what is known about the suspect was disclosed by his lawyer, John Henry Browne, a veteran defense attorney from Seattle who came forward Thursday.
Days after the slayings of more than a dozen Afghan civilians by a suspected US serviceman, the military has kept under wraps one of the most salient details — his name. According to the Tacoma News Tribune, the soldier was flown out of Afghanistan on Wednesday, and may be tried at Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
The U.S. soldier suspected of gunning down at least 16 Afghan civilians was from a Washington state-based Stryker brigade and received his assignment to a village stability program less than six weeks ago, a congressional source tells the Associated Press.