Joint Base Lewis McChord
Port Angeles Mayor Cherie Kidd liked what she heard from Army officials Monday a lot better than what she heard Thursday night from low-flying Army helicopters that she says “terrorized my city.”
The Army plans to eliminate one of the Stryker brigades at Joint Base Lewis-McChord as part of the reduction in forces as the war in Afghanistan comes to a close.
A military judge has accepted an American soldier’s guilty plea in the killing of 16 Afghan civilians during nighttime raids on two villages last year.
This Saturday, join CBS Seattle and 1090 The Fan to celebrate those who dedicate their lives to protecting our freedom.
The Army says firefighters have rescued three paratroopers who got stuck in trees after they jumped from an aircraft in a training exercise near Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
A military judge has scheduled a Sept. 3 court martial for Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, the U.S. soldier accused of massacring 16 Afghan villagers during nighttime raids last year, his lawyer said Thursday. Civilian attorney John Henry Browne told The Associated Press that the date is too soon to give the defense team time to prepare, and they will ask the judge to reconsider. Browne had sought a trial in mid-2014.
The Department of Defense says Pfc. Markie T. Sims of Citra died Saturday in Panjwal, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device.
As Army officials weigh whether a case against a staff sergeant accused of killing 16 Afghan villagers in a pre-dawn rampage will proceed to a court-martial, Robert Bales’ defense team says the government’s case is incomplete.
Attorneys will wrap up a preliminary hearing against Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who is accused of massacring 16 Afghan villagers during a pre-dawn rampage earlier this year.
Through a video monitor in a military courtroom near Seattle, Staff Sgt. Robert Bales saw young Afghan girls smile beneath bright head coverings before they described the bloodbath he’s accused of committing.